Terms of Parka
- Booking a camping site through [parka.is] (http://parka.is/) and the Parka smart app are transactions directly between the person who buys the service and the camping operator. The charge for the card is made directly to the card portal of the area's operator and Parka has no intermediary in this.
- Parka app ehf. & Parka is not responsible for the delivery of the product or service that the camp operator has for sale through Parka's booking system.
- The following terms and conditions apply to the campsite operator.
Terms for the campsite in Ásbyrgi
- Safety rules, fire protection: Space between tents/campers must be a minimum of 4 meters. Space between campers/tents and vehicle of next guest must be a minimum of 1.8 meters. Be careful not to leave flammable substances (e.g. outdoor chairs) in the empty space between tents.
- Vatnajökull National Park (ID no. 4410070940) runs the campsite and is responsible for the delivery of the services purchased here.
- For all campsite bookings, a minimum of 2 days’ notice of cancellation, prior to the booked date, is required in order to receive a full refund (apart from a ISK 500 registration fee). If a cancellation is made with less than 1 days’ notice, prior to If the booked date, a refund of 50% of the total amount is given.
- If the stay is shortened, a 50% refund will be given for those nights that are not used.
- Visitors to the campsite must have either a printed or an electronic receipt when they are in the area and be able to show it to the park rangers when they are inspecting the area.
- Guests can check in after 15:00. If circumstances allow, rangers can give permission to camp before that time.
- Check out is no later than 12:00. If circumstances allow, rangers may authorise a delayed departure.
- The maximum number of guests in each parking space is 6 persons, 13 years or older (children 12 years and younger are not a limiting factor). If there are more, you need to buy additional parking spaces.
- The maximum length of continuous parking stay is 14 nights.
- Booked parking spaces are not permitted.
- Prices of goods and services are published with VAT.
- These terms are subject to Icelandic law. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it does not in any way diminish the validity, legitimacy or enforceability of other provisions of these Terms. If a case arises out of these terms, it shall be brought before the District Court of Reykjavík.